USDA Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program
A loan guarantee program designed to help credit-worthy rural businesses obtain financing. The intent is to save and create jobs in rural America. If your business or project is located in an eligible rural or suburban area, then you may be eligible for USDA financing.
What is an eligible area?
All areas other than cities or towns larger than 50,000 people and the contiguous and adjacent urbanized area of such cities or towns. Cooperative organizations and local foods projects may be funded in both rural and urban areas in certain circumstances. A borrower's headquarters may be in a larger city as long as the project is located in rural areas .
How may the funds be used?
Eligible uses include, but are not limited to:
- Business acquisitions, construction, conversion, expansion, repair, modernization and development
- Purchase of equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Startup costs and working capital
- Projects supported by New Markets Tax Credits
- Debt refinancing under certain conditions